Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Welcome to Amazing DIY Events

Welcome to Amazing DIY Events!


What makes an Amazing DIY Event? Is it a simple affair with a few close friends, or a platinum event with you and 500 guests? Is it one where the host/hostess does everything from playing cook and bartender or is it one where all the guests contrbute something towards the event? Whatever event you want to create, we can help you make it amazing.

Who am I?

My name is Erika DuVal, owner of Amazing DIY Events. I have always been a planner. While I wasn't the little girl who dreamed about her ideal wedding, I was always a planner. When I was in the 5th grade, my father drove me and 4 of my friends to Six Flags. While I was excited about going, I was more concerned/excited about the trip over and back. Part of my planning included seating (who should sit where), food and drink (snacks would be provided and ready in a cooler), blankets and pillows for comfort, and a few mixed tapes (entertainment). I even drew a seating chart. When my grandmother and grandfather had the family over for their anniversary, I proceeded to plan the events around the night (at age 8) and provided everyone itineraries when the walked in the door.

This is what I loved to do. Then I grew up and thought that getting a J.O.B was the way to go. I went through school, obtained my Master's degree, and worked my way up the corporate world. While I enjoyed helping friends with their weddings and parties, and heading corporate events, I never considered a career out of it until I planned my own wedding. I fell in love all over again- this time with weddings, bridal showers, engagements parties, etc. I am excited to share my knowledge, organization, and great attention to detail with you, my clients.

Why Amazing DIY Events?


I started Amazing DIY Events for you: the DIY bride or hostess that wants to plan their own amazing event, but for whatever reason, either necessity or choice, find themselves planning a part or all of it on your own. While this process may be a bit daunting, we provide tools and support to help you through the process so you actually have fun with it!

So, why is Amazing DIY Events your place for your DIY planning? DIY brides have probably already done your research, but for those that haven't: Wedding Planners cost anywhere from $2,000- $10,000. They are there full time, answer all of your questions, make all of your phone calls, etc. The next option is to hire a Day of Coordinator, who comes in the day of your wedding and coordinates all events that day, charging anywhere from $500- $1000 for the day. I had a day of coordinator, and while she was fantastic, I had to spend a good 2-3 hours going over everything with her 3 days before my wedding, and even then I didn't feel like she understood my wedding fully.

Amazing DIY Events is different: We offer planning services, but at an a la carte option, so that you can customize what you need from us. We will still be there throughout the planning process, but more of a coach rather than a planner. The result is that you get a personal coach throughout the planning of your event, but at a lower cost. We also provide inspiration and ideas to DIY planners, showing you how to execute your amazing day.
 

Weekly Inspiration:

Check back every Tuesday for a new ideas, inspiration, and help! Check us out at www.amazingdiyevents.com for our services and information.

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment